who's the mommy around here anyway?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Grounded

I encountered the Flylady site while browsing some other blogs. I was very, very impressed. Then, after I was finished being impressed, I realized how very, very not for me it was. Apologies to any Flylady adherents, I think it's a great thing. It just happened to inspire some very bad poetry.


Grounded

Two vacuums, a steam cleaner,
An iron and all’s well
I have all the equipment
Still I bitch and yell

Dust bunnies here
Dog hair there
Dirty clothes pile up
Six feet in the air

I’d sweep and I’d clean
And get it all done
I just need a plan
Even though it’s no fun

So I looked to the lady
She’s just so damned fly
She has all the answers
Thought I’d give her a try

And it’s tough to admit
Organization’s not my thing
And I abandoned before I started
Didn't give fly a fling

I survey my domain
Messy it may be
But at least I’m at peace
And not OCD

8 Comments:

  • I am totally with you. My house may be cluttered, but at least my family is relatively sane. Some times, you just have to let the house go in order to care for the really important things, like your family.

    I'm all for more organization, but these sites seem, like you intimate, to go far beyond help organizing, and into "dangerously obsessive."

    By Blogger KLee, at 5:29 PM  

  • haha! This is great! I love your poems, they are really good.. ;)

    My house needs some type of attention right now, and I just have the energy to devote to it. I unfortunately am not at peace with it, it bugs me. Bad.

    I have a three day weekend coming up, so I guess I will have no excuse for not getting SOMETHING done. LOL...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

  • oops, I meant to say I DONT have the energy.. Geesh, I am tired.. LOL..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 PM  

  • I'm not sure how many cups of coffee it would take for me to come up with a poem as clever as that! Very good!

    I visited Fly Lady to and goody for those who can do it, but I have issue with people telling me what to do. I'm rebellous like that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 PM  

  • I concur with your flylady evaluation. Too much fly.

    By Blogger Pieces, at 7:31 PM  

  • I know about FlyLady and feel that I am compulsive enough on my own without her butting in. Great poem, unfortunately, some of us are just anal retentive! Thanks for the laugh.

    By Blogger Kacey, at 10:12 PM  

  • I found the FlyLady years ago, too. I also am a Fly drop-out. I do stick to the "make your sink shine" and "get dressed head to shoes" ideas as much as possible (though I don't go as far as the shoes...that's just uncomfortable)

    By Blogger BlondeBlogger, at 9:36 AM  

  • Hope your daughter starts to feel better soon. Love can feel so good and hurt so bad.
    Great poem, I woulnt mind being a fly lady if there werent a horde of teenagers following behind me messing up everything I clean. Its less frustrating for me to just lower my standards and and raise a whie flag. My house is lived in and it shows!
    Thanks for your comments about Kayla. Shes doing well.

    By Blogger Susan, at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home