who's the mommy around here anyway?

Monday, August 14, 2006

Do husbands understand?

Do husbands understand? This could be the question of the century? of the millennium? and it could apply to any aspect of marriage or child-rearing, but I just had this one thing in mind.

I sit at the computer and blog, or read the blogs of others and sometimes I just laugh myself silly. One particular post was so hilarious that I shared it with my husband. He laughed out loud, but then he asked how I could spend so much time (translation - any time at all) online. He asked what could possess women to share so much personal information about ourselves with virtual strangers. How to explain..... Hmmmm........

I tried to make a start, but by then he'd lost interest because his favorite sports talk show was on. In order to regain his interest I'd have had to strip naked, swing from a chandelier, offer to have wild monkey sex with him while, yes, allowing him to leave the TV on. I don't have any problem sharing this episode with virtual strangers. After all, there's no chance he'll ever read this!

So if there are any visitors, what do you think? What drives us? Do the significant others in your lives understand? Do they read what you write? Do they care?

3 Comments:

  • My husband actually helped me set up my blog and domain name. However, he had NO idea I'd love it as much as I do and that it has turned into somewhat of a social, as well as creative outlet, for me. I do have to watch my laptop time/blogging time at night, though. I try to not do bloggy things in the evenings when our girls are still up. But no, he doesn't quite get the blogging chick thing. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

  • Erm. My Husband didn't used to read my blog at all. Then he started, without my realizing it, and demanded to know why I was referring to him as "Dizzy, The Injured Narcoleptic" in one entry. Since then I have tried to be careful and conservative with the insult slinging.

    I don't think he gets most people. I know he doesn't get me all the time but occasionally he does blow me right out of the water with a demonstration of his masterful understanding of my inner workings.

    And he thinks most women are just horribly slutty and that we expend most of our energy trying to pretend we're not. Until we start blogging, and then, my goodness, the truth comes out, says he.

    By Blogger Karyn, at 12:30 PM  

  • EEEEEEW! GROSSS MENTAL IMAGE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home