who's the mommy around here anyway?

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Batter up!

My husband's a really big baseball fan. He desperately wanted to share that with his sons and was really excited with my first pregnancy. Imagine his surprise and disappointment when he found out we were having a girl! He took it fairly well, though there was this one time when he was teaching Lizzie to play baseball......

She was maybe four or five and had a plastic bat. My husband, Marc, taught her to hit just like a real ball player. She'd take the stance with her legs firmly planted, the bat over her shoulder, and then, just before my husband pitched, she'd go through her pre-batting routine. She'd lift her head, spit with authority, and then she'd reach down between her legs to grab her crotch and adjust her non-existent balls. Satisfied that his daughter could one day play with the major leaguers, Marc would finally throw.

I had alot of explaining to do the first day of PAL softball.

3 Comments:

  • If I remember correctly, I never grabbed my crotch for pal. Only for you and daddy! lol. I know, it sounds dirty. What else do you expect from your eldest child?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

  • Really, a child who could write "The Penis Monologues." The apple didn't fall far from the tree!

    By Blogger molly, at 11:13 AM  

  • you know it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home